- Peak by Athletic (“Peak”) means …by Athletic Pty Ltd ACN 614 238 452 ATF The Ashley Unit Trust ABN 57 471 269 685 trading as Peak by Athletic and its permitted successors and assigns.
- Agreement means this document as well as any schedule and/or annexure to this document.
- Peak Representative means any of Peak’s directors, officers, contractors, subcontractors, servants, agents, employees or other representatives.
- “I”, me, my or variations thereof, means the Peak member or visitor that has signed this Agreement.
Peak is committed to protecting your privacy and any personal information we collect. Peak complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy explains how we may collect, use, disclose and otherwise handle personal and sensitive information. Peak is committed to safeguarding personal privacy. Unless given consent to do otherwise, Peak will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
- a member’s name, contact details, date of birth, emergency contact details, bank account and/or credit card details, student identification details, employment details, payment history and sensitive information.
Collection of personal information
Peak will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what is provided voluntarily by a member or a prospective member. Peak collects personal information primarily to enable us to provide members with our services.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Peak may also use the information for marketing to you or for any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Collection of Sensitive Information
I understand that the information I have provided is necessary for my participation in any Peak Goods and Services. I acknowledge and agree that the information will only be used by Peak to facilitate the conduct of Peak Goods and Services. As part of my enrolment with Peak, I acknowledge that I may receive information from time to time about the Goods and Services. If I do not wish to receive such information from Peak, I will notify Peak in writing by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at: Peak by Athletic, Basement, 28 Margaret Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.
Using and Disclosing your Personal Information
Personal Information will be used for the following primary purpose:
- To fulfil obligations under a Peak’s member’s membership agreement and/or any other contract between him/her and Peak;
- To render Goods and Services under a Peak member’s Membership Agreement;
- To provide information about products, services, courses, fitness sessions, seminars and/or special offers to Peak members;
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services from Peak members;
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis from Peak members.
Peak may employ other companies or service providers to assist us in providing our services, including (but not limited to) marketing, market research, mail-house services, hosting and product development services, analysis of member lists and/ or consulting services. These third parties may have access to personal information that is needed to perform their specific function. They cannot use that information for other purposes.
Photographs and Right to Use
Photographs and/or film may be taken and used by Peak for promotional purposes via social media and/or other mediums, without payment or compensation to me. Such photos are and will remain the property of Peak. By signing up to Peak, I allow Peak to use my image in promotional and other business- related material.
Storage and security of personal and/or sensitive information
Peak takes all reasonable steps to keep secure personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The personal information is stored electronically and in locked areas if in hardcopy format: Peak permits authorised Peak Representatives to access your information and information will only be disclosed to third parties where they have the appropriate authority.
Our store is hosted on Shopify. The host provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Peak by Athletic’s data storage, databases and the general Peak by Athletic application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Peak stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Peak by Athletic’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Australia and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we currently use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Peak by Athletic to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _lsite_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _lsite_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- _cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
This is not an exhaustive list and we may add new Cookies in order to provide Peak’s Goods and Services to you.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at [email protected] or by mail at Peak by Athletic, Basement, 28 Margaret Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia.